Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Winter Wedding

Jeremy, Quinn and I had the honor of spending five days in Park City, Utah celebrating the marriage of my brother, Justin, and his new wife, Abby! We had a great time and Quinn was AMAZING on her first big trip! I will try to keep this short, but there is so much to share and, of course, you know this Mama took a million pics...enjoy!

A Fun Day in the Airport
Wait, this subject might be a great kid's book idea and I could totally write it. I hereby copyright this idea so no one can steal it. Does that count? Anyway, long story short, our flight from Austin to Denver was delayed three hours and so they re-routed us through Vegas so we would make it to Salt Lake City that night. We spent four hours in the Austin airport and then another three and a half in the Vegas airport, and Quinn didn't get fussy or cry at all. I was in awe of our amazing baby and felt very blessed the whole time that we have such a happy, curious girl! She just looked around and took it all in on this 13-hour travel day. On a side note, when you travel with a baby there is no way to avoid the massive amount of crap you have to take. We had to check three bags, the car seat and the pack and play. Luckily, Quinn loves the Moby wrap so I had two free hands to carry stuff.

 Lots of stuff.

Flying at the airport...haha...get it?

The delays were obviously not affecting Quinn...laughing it up!

Perfectly content while we take off for Utah!

One of my favorite things!

Q throwing some quarters in the slots during our layover in Vegas.

Happy Fourth Anniversary to Us!
Thursday was our four year anniversary so Jeremy and I left Quinn with my mom (Nannie Mae) to have a nice quiet dinner on our own. We went to an incredible restaurant called The Mariposa in Deer Valley and had a great time. We reminisced on the last four years, and talked about how blessed we are in so many ways. What a fun way to spend a fourth anniversary! Maybe one day Abby and Justin and Jeremy and I can take an anniversary trip together.

 One of the few pics we have by ourselves lately. :)

I think the wine, altitude and long day of travel got to me. I look exhausted in this pic!
(On a side note, I am wearing my "Push Present"...Kendra Scott necklace and earrings.)

Just One of the Girls
Friday started out with an amazing bridesmaid brunch at the Stein Eriksen Lodge in Deer Valley. The food was delish and we had a great time hanging out with all the other girls in the wedding and our family. Quinn ate a bottle right when we got there, and then Mimi walked her around and she passed out. Sweet girl! After she woke up, we had plenty of time for photo opps with the gorgeous mountains as our backdrop. After our photo shoot, we all went down to the spa for our pedicures and Quinn was a superstar. She just hung out and watched and then fell asleep on Auntie Em's shoulder while Mama got pampered. The only bad part of the morning was her outfit. I put her in a fleece onesie pantsuit thing thinking, "hey it's like 20 degrees outside." Well, I should have thought about that...we weren't spending the morning outside. We were inside where it was approximately 78 degrees with all the cozy fireplaces and whatnot. Poor baby was so hot! Oh well...she looked cute and she was a trooper.

Warm and cozy in her fleece.

 Mama and Quinn in the beautiful mountains.

Hanging out w/ her new Aunt Abby!

Cousin Tobi, Great Aunt Kerri and Mimi loved seeing Q.

Sleeping while Mimi chats it up with the other girls.

The groom's side of the family with Abby.

Passed out w/ Auntie Em while Mama got a pedi.

 The guys went snow mobiling while we brunched. Jeremy, Justin and my step dad, Dennis.

Rehearsal Dinner
I'm so proud to say we left Quinn with a babysitter during the rehearsal dinner! This trip was a great chance for me to let go a little bit. We left her with my mom's best friend, Suzie, and she did awesome. It helps that Suzie is totally a baby whisperer! She fed Q a bottle, played with her and had her in bed when we got home at about 9:30 p.m. Seriously!? Anyway, the dinner was SO fun! It was at the High West Distillery and Saloon in Park City and it was perfect for a huge group from Texas. There was a cowboy duo singing old country songs, the drinks were so unique (whiskey lemonade was incredible) and the decor in the place was awesome. There was a whole wall covered in mason jars sitting on top of lights so they were lit up...really cool! My mom and dad both gave speeches and made everyone cry, and then several others got up to say kind words and offer advice. Abby and Justin have a lot of love surrounding them and rooting them on as they begin this chapter of their lives.

 Posing in front of the mason jar wall with the happy couple.

Jeremy with my Great Uncle Tim, toasting with some whiskey lemonade.

My Dad giving his speech using my Mom's reading glasses.

The Big Day
SNOW! It snowed like crazy all day and it could not have been more beautiful! Abby invited all the bridesmaid's to her family's house to get their hair and makeup done and just hang out. I got my hair done and chatted for a bit and then went back to our house to feed Q and get dressed. At 3:00 p.m., Jeremy and I headed to the St. Regis to start the photo extravaganza. The St. Regis is up on top of a mountain so you have to take a gondola (funicular) to get up there. The view was awesome and the setting at the St. Regis was perfect for wedding photos. Abby and Justin had a "reveal" moment earlier that day and the photographer and videographer captured it. I thought this was a great idea for them since they were both so nervous and Abby was losing it at every little thing. Seeing each other helped them relax and enjoy the whole process. Anyway, I can't wait to see the photos! The photographer was AMAZING but a little crazy. She had us all outside at one point and then even took the groomsmen out on a ski slope! They were all popcicles when they came back inside!

 The funicular up to the St. Regis.


The groom with his two sisters.

Mama with her pretty girl!

Family of three.

After photos we all headed to the Empire Canyon Lodge for the wedding. I had a chance to feed Q right before the ceremony started and my Aunt Kerri, Uncle Mike and Tobi were so sweet to keep Q during the ceremony. Apparently Mike sang some Elvis and Q was perfectly content. She also stared out the window at the beautiful snow and the horses and sleigh that were waiting outside. The ceremony was beautiful! Abby and Justin did a great job (they didn't lose it too much). Emily and I sang "One Hand, One Heart" from West Side Story, which was also the song at Abby's grandparent's wedding. I thought that was really cool!

Pretty girl ready for the big event!

The reception was super fun! The food was so good and the setting was awesome. There were fireplaces everywhere, sleigh rides for guests who wanted to brave the 20 degree weather (I opted to stay warm and cozy) and a great band. I loved Abby's cake...very unique. Abby loves cheese so instead of a boring wedding cake, she chose to have a cake made of cheese! Not a cheesecake, but literally a cake built from different cheeses. So fun!

 Abby's "cheese cake".

One of Daddy's dates fell asleep!

 My Mom w/ two of her besties, Suzie and Ann. (They accidentally matched.)

Jeremy and Nikki (Suzie's daughter).

Yummy cheese melting by the fire.

Chatting with Auntie Em and Nannie Mae at the reception.

 Finally hitched after 14 years! (14 right?)

 Abby and Justin waiting to come down to be presented as Mr. and Mrs. Jorgensen.

Jeremy and I stayed until about 10:00 p.m. so we could hear the best man/MOH speeches and then see all the first dances. Quinn started turning into a pumpkin so we headed out to get her home. She was a hit at the wedding! Everyone loved her precious little pink tuille dress and cardigan. (Kudos to Jeremy for picking that out all by himself!)

Headed Home
Quinn had a hard time sleeping after the wedding. I think her schedule was just so thrown off and her poor little nose was so stuffy from the dry weather. (Luckily, we found a humidifier in the closet of our house, so we used that the last day.) We got kind of a late start Sunday, but we made it to the airport on time with the help of Auntie Em. Quinn did great in the Moby wrap again and slept the entire first flight to Phoenix.

Tired Daddy and tired baby.

By the time we got to Phoenix, it was way past Q's feeding time and we had a bit of a meltdown. All I can say is thank goodness for the family bathroom. She was so worked up that she wouldn't take a bottle, so I had to feed her in the family bathroom and she was fine. We finished and literally ran to the gate and boarded the plane. This leg of the trip was not as smooth. Q cried and we were totally "those people" on the plane for a while. Luckily she slept for a bit, but there was a little more crying than normal. I think the stuffy nose/ears were not great paired with the air pressure. Poor baby! We were all so glad to be off the plane when the flight was over! Q has a way of giving us comic relief when we need it. When we were waiting in baggage claim, she spit-up and then pooped all over me. Nice timing...blow out. Oh, and somehow she squirted it on the floor too. EW GROSS! We all laughed and I was glad to have Q's back-up outfit ready to go.

 Ready to head home!

 Caught Q mid-yawn...poor tired girl!

 Quinn found the information card "in the seat back pocket" quite interesting.

I got resourceful w/ my breast milk bags...snack for the plane!

We Did It! 
It's funny to think we did it...we traveled with a three month old! We survived! :) I shouldn't be that dramatic, but I was a little anxious before we left. Quinn was incredible. On the day we left Austin, an older man came up to us after our four hour wait and said "That's the best baby in the world right there!" AHHH...such a proud Mama moment and I totally agree with him. We are lucky parents!

Congrats to Justin and Abby! What a beautiful wedding for a beautiful couple and Jeremy and I were honored to be a part. We love you!