Thursday, January 3, 2013

Holiday Time in the Big O

The weekend before Christmas, we headed out to Odessa with my mom and sister to see my family. It's weird now that Mom doesn't live there, but we stayed with Aunt Abby and Uncle Justin and had a great time. My dad (Q's Pawpaw) was there too, so we got some good quality family time in.

DSC_0002

Untitled 
DSC_0005

DSC_0091Of course the box is more entertaining than the toy inside.

DSC_0094

DSC_0096 

Friday night we went over to my Aunt Sandra and Uncle Randy's house and we got to see my Pawpaw and Sherri, cousins Aron, Tommy and Paige and we had a great time catching up. Quinn took to Paige since she loves other little kids and they played a lot. The best part of the night was watching Quinn try to avoid the cow skin rug on the floor. I guess she thought it was an animal and didn't want to step on it, so she stayed away and even slammed on her breaks when she was running and playing so she could avoid the rug. She also got to see some "friends" hanging on the wall since my Uncle Randy is an avid hunter. Quinn just waved and said hi.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Saturday we got to spend some time with my mom, Emily, Justin and Abby. My Great Aunt Judi graciously let us have Christmas at her house. We opened gifts and of course, Q loved her new book. She also loved seeing all the Santas around her house but she wasn't getting near the 4-foot creepy looking Santa. Smart girl.

Untitled

DSC_0022

DSC_0026

DSC_0031

DSC_0032
Nannie Mae taught Q how to hold her "purse" so now she puts it on her arm and says "bye bye." 

DSC_0040

DSC_0053

DSC_0055

After that we headed over to my Aunt Kerri's to spend time with my Dad, Kerri and her family and Mimi and Tom. We opened our gifts from them and Quinn was so excited to get some fun new toys and clothes. My dad got her two convertible car seats, so that was my favorite gift. He actually gave them to us before we left for our trip so Quinn could have one for the 6-hour drive. Oh, and we decided to go against recommendations and turn Quinn around. I think they recommend waiting until they are two years old, but she HATES being in the car and facing forward has helped w/ the fits tremendously. I think she's safer when we can drive w/ our sanity!!

Untitled

DSC_0058

DSC_0062
Q couldn't get over my aunt's family brand on the floor. She was saying "twinkle twinkle."

DSC_0064

DSC_0067
Mimi got Q this huge animal of some sort. It's bigger than she is and we named it Dot.

DSC_0072

DSC_0074

DSC_0077

DSC_0079
Once again, carrying her purse.

DSC_0083

DSC_0090

We headed back to Austin on Sunday so we could spend Christmas Eve and Day at home. That's my new rule. I want Quinn to wake up at home on Christmas morning and for us to have our own special Christmas morning time. Christmas traditions are a huge part of my childhood and I hope to start some fun ones for our family too!

1 comments:

Jill

Awww Molly you are such a cute family! I just love reading your blog! You are blessed with a wonderful extended family too! Sweet Quinn is so cute and I'm in love with all the cute shoes she always has on! :) She is so lucky her mommy is so good at coordinating her outfits! Miss you and Jeremy! Love you!