Thursday, August 1, 2013

July Happenings

Here's a quick recap of our July (which FLEW by):

Fourth of July
Jeremy's mom came in town and Quinn loves her Granny! I'm so glad to have such a great relationship w/ my MIL. On the 4th We went to the splash pad by my mom's house, had burgers for lunch, took naps, and then had dinner at mom's complete w/ Quinn's first bowl of ice cream and her first hot dog! (I have no idea why...I guess I just never buy them and she's never had one.) We went to bed by about 10pm so we missed out of fireworks again this year. Maybe next year we will be brave enough to keep Q up that late. We got to swim and play w/ Granny on Friday and have dinner at our favorite hole-in-the-wall Mexican place, Jardin Corona. Huge, cheap margaritas and amazing salsa! Sunday, we went to church and then my dad came into town to hang out w/ Quinn. She loves her Pawpaw and talks constantly about Pawpaw's truck. So funny! 
Untitled
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Allison's Shower
We got to celebrate Allison and Baby G on July 13 and I was honored to host the shower at our house. We had so much fun prepping for the shower and we kept telling Allison we needed her help since she is our uber crafty friend! We can't wait to meet that sweet baby! One of my favorite parts of the weekend was that Jill and Noah got to come visit from Minnesota! We miss them so much! We got to hang out with them quite a bit and we got some of the gang together on Sunday evening to have a BBQ and hang out like old times (and by old times, I mean pre-kids).

Untitled
Q and her future BFF, Keeva.

Untitled

Allison Shower & Harcey photo shoot 197

Allison Shower & Harcey photo shoot 088
One of my proud crafty moments: I spray painted those branches!

Allison Shower & Harcey photo shoot 089

Allison Shower & Harcey photo shoot 101
Jill and I dipped animal crackers in candy melts. New. Favorite. Snack!

Allison Shower & Harcey photo shoot 150
Q gave Baby G a 12 months worth of gifts. One for each month.

Allison Shower & Harcey photo shoot 141

Allison Shower & Harcey photo shoot 139

Allison Shower & Harcey photo shoot 122

Allison Shower & Harcey photo shoot 193

Allison Shower & Harcey photo shoot 221

Allison Shower & Harcey photo shoot 224

Allison Shower & Harcey photo shoot 215

Untitled

Untitled
This guy is our financial planner...scary. I can totally recommend him!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Family Reunion
We headed to Comanche, TX (yup, that's a place) for a reunion on my dad's side of the family. The place itself is honestly pretty depressing and boring, but I enjoy seeing people and chatting. Poor Jeremy is a trooper to go and sit around all weekend. Quinn had fun playing and seeing family she hasn't seen in a while and I was proud to show her off. I'm praying that one day, we can convince all the older folks to move the reunion to a place that would be more fun, like by a lake or something. We'll see...

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
I made these magnet boards for the auction. The money from our auction is what pays for the next year's reunion.

Lake Fun
Last weekend we got to visit the lake in Sweetwater, TX. (And by lake I mean swimming pool at the lake house where there used to be a lake.) My sweet sis-in-law Abby invited us to her family's place and we relaxed by the pool, drank margaritas and had some good quality time together. I know my mom loves it when all her kids are together. Mom and Emily rode with us from Austin and Quinn did great on the way there watching opera songs over and over again and talking up a storm. We were all praying she would go to sleep. Then on the way back, Q was a bit of a toot and I felt sorry for my mom. Emily put her earphones in and we all prayed we would be back in Austin ASAP. I don't know that they will be riding with us again any time soon...it is exhausting with a chatterbox, busy toddler!

Untitled

Untitled

DSC_0037
Quinn loved Justin and Abby's dog, Sage. She reminds us of Lexi.

DSC_0033
Little Miss Sunshine.

DSC_0031

DSC_0029

DSC_0028

DSC_0023

DSC_0019

DSC_0018

DSC_0013

DSC_0012

DSC_0039

UntitledElla is afraid of the water and can't swim very well (she looks like a spazz). Jeremy was trying to teach her.

Untitled
Lovely ride home.

Untitled
The windmills in West Texas. Love it!

Untitled

Untitled
Favorite part of this pic: Abby's awesome shirt.

Untitled
Mama's lake snack.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

2 comments:

The Houses

Ohmygosh these pictures cracked me up! From Jordan in that tube to Quinn's 'little Miss Sunshine' face and Ella trying as hard as she can to get out of the pool... Sounds like a great July in Texas!

Jennifer McHam

Sad we missed hanging out with Jill & Noah when they were visiting!