Sunday, August 18, 2013

21-Month Diva

There are really two main things to describe this month.

1. Do a Deer
2. CHATTY!

Sound of Music
I can't tell you the number of times we've watched songs from the Sound of Music. Notice I say songs because little miss Bossy Pants tells us which song to skip to so she can sing along. She sings these songs over and over all day long. Any time I pick up my phone, she says "Do Deer" or anytime we go upstairs, she picks up the remote and says "Do Deer, So Long Awell (So Long, Farewall), Puppets". Obsessed. That's it.

IMG_2821

IMG_5918

 IMG_6028

Untitled
Q likes to line up all her dolls/animals to watch w/ her. 

Untitled

Talky Talky
Quinn doesn't stop talking. Ever. She wakes up talking and goes to sleep talking. She asks a lot of questions and repeats things. A lot. People are always telling me she talks a lot for her age so I guess she's talking early, but my goodness the girl doesn't stop.  I guess I shouldn't complain since I love being able to have little conversations with her. I love it when I talk to her and I can see the little wheels turning in her head. She has a really good memory so she will bring things up out of the blue. It confuses Jeremy sometimes, but I usually pick up on things since I'm with her all the time now. Sweet, smart, chatty little girl! Some of our favorite things she says right now are:

-Mama/Daddy seenic (for Mama sing it.)
-No don't you. (for Don't want to.)
-Breasfas (Breakfast.)
-Oh Places Ago (the book Oh the Places You'll Go)
-So pitty. (So pretty. Everything/everyone is so pretty.)
-Siwwy ___. (Everyone/thing is silly. Silly Ella, silly Mama, silly trash truck, silly Elmo, silly boy, etc.)
-Oh Dee Eyes (Edelweiss from the Sound of Music.)

IMG_6002
Here, she was saying "Quinn hair so pitty."

One last thing before the multitude of pics.

Sweet Spirit
We've noticed Q has such a sweet spirit. I hope she is always like this. She's very concerned that she is going to do something to make people sad. This doesn't apply to Ella apparently because poor Ella is still tortured by Quinn on a daily basis. :) When we are going to see someone (like family or friends), we always tell her to give them a hug and a kiss. So, when we get in the car, she says "[Insert name] hug, kiss, so sad." She knows if they don't get a hug and kiss, they'll be sad. She also doesn't like it when Mama and Daddy get sad. She's been going in some time outs and she'll sit there and talk the entire time and say "Daddy so sad. Sorry Daddy. Hug, kiss, sorry." How do you keep her there!!? I love that sweet, kind, empathetic spirit. I pray it stays that way her whole life!

Untitled
Poor Ella had no idea what Quinn would do to her simple dog life. 

Here are some fun pics to wrap up the month!

Untitled
This is Baby Katie and Quinn insisted that she was buckled in as well. 

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
Starting her early.

Untitled
Q finally discovered ketchup. Mighty Fine might be her new favorite place! 

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
She starts Mother's Day Out in September!

IMG_6031
A fun Sunday for everyone. We didn't even try to put her clothes on to go to my Mom's. No nap that day. Yes, it was that bad.

IMG_6029

IMG_2844
First snow cone!

IMG_2843

IMG_6022

IMG_6012
A nice visit w/ Pawpaw and Sherrie.

IMG_6010

IMG_5987
Fun playdates w/ Harper this summer!

IMG_5969

IMG_5962
I love watching her problem solve and invent things. She made this up!

IMG_5965

IMG_5952
She's been figuring out how to drag things up and down the stairs. Very determined. 

IMG_5937

IMG_5931

IMG_2833

IMG_5913
I kept hearing her say "It's glasses." I didn't know what she was talking about until she came rolling into the kitchen!

IMG_5944

IMG_5903

IMG_5882

IMG_5855

IMG_5877

1 comments:

Jen McCrady

Ok I tried posting earlier, but I don't think it worked. I was saying that her expressions are amazing!!! And, she seems so much older than a 21-month-old baby! I'd guess she was 3 based off of her vocabulary and development! Crazy! She's so so cute.