Friday, August 17, 2012

A New Title - Rearranged

If you regularly read my blog you'll probably notice I made a change. It used to be called "Not-So-Deep-Thoughts." I gave it that name  back in 2008 when I started it. I guess at that time, I didn't really have much to say that was super interesting...it was mostly my thoughts, an open journal for our trips and other fun stuff and really (as the title suggested) not a lot of deep thought.

Now that I have Quinn things have changed. I want my blog to be a place where I can document her life and our life together as a family. Later in life, if she has a brother or sister, they will be added in too. Now I actually do have a few thoughts. They definitely aren't all deep, but when your life changes so drastically with the introduction of a child, you tend to have a few pearls of wisdom every now and then.

Behind the Title
I love the band, The Wailin' Jennys. This Canadian group is made up of three amazingly talented women whose voices blend together so beautifully. Their harmonies will give you chills, and for a music/vocal nerd like myself, I love singing and harmonizing along when I'm in the car.

Their songs tend to have a spiritual undertone and I love that too.

The song Swing Low, Sail High is one of my favorites and it has the line: "My days were rearranged to say I love you." Every time I heard that I thought...that's me. When Quinn was born, my days were literally rearranged to say I love you, not only to Quinn but to Jeremy and our family as a whole. My life will forever be rearranged, and I wouldn't have it any other way.


0 comments: