Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Quinn is Two Months Old!

Dear Sweet Baby Q,

I can't believe you are already two months old! Part of me feels like it's been forever since I met you in the hospital for the first time, but another part of me feels like it was yesterday and you just grew overnight! At your two month appointment, you already weighed 12lb. and 14oz and you were 24 inches long. (Both in the 90th percentile!)You are going to be a beautiful, tall model one day! You have such a unique personality and I can't wait to see it develop as you get older. Here are some of my favorite things about you:
  • You like being awake during the day. I can't say this is one of my favorite things, because I don't get a lot done during the day, but I love seeing your bright eyes look around curiously at everything. Your neck is really strong now too, so you whip it around a lot to see what's going on. 
  • The changing table is your favorite place to be. We have a lot of fun talking and smiling while you just chill out on the changing table. 
  • Our bath/bed routine is my favorite (bath, bottle, swaddle). You have grown to expect it and you do so well. You love your bath and I love the way you smell when we are finished. Then, you get very excited and anxious because you know that Daddy will be feeding you the bottle next. (You have been a little finicky with the bottle. Randomly, you will decide you don't want it, but for the most part, you have done well.)
  • You love looking at the fan. Other than your doll, Joyce, it's your best friend.
  • You like chilling out in the kitchen with me while I do dishes, eat breakfast or lunch, or while Mama and Daddy eat dinner. 
  • Your acid reflux has gotten so much better, but I can still count on you to be the spit-up queen every day. 
  • You like it when I read books to you. I LOVE this about you because I want story time to be one of your favorite things as you get older.
  • You have figured out that you have strong legs and you want to "stand up" a lot when you are in our laps. When we try to burp you, you always stretch your legs out to try to stand up, and you get very upset that we interrupted your feeding time. 
  • You love looking at the dogs. You are pretty mesmerized when they get close.
  • You have the best smile ever. It melts my heart every time.
  • You have the cutest, chubbiest cheeks ever! I have decided you are storing milk in them for a rainy day.
  • Your clothes fit funny because you are so long and your feet are kind of big (maybe we can share shoes when you grow up). Your sweet little feet don't fit in some of your onesies and some of them are too short for you too. 
  • You recently found your hands, and it's funny when you see one and go cross-eyed trying to figure out what it is.
  • Even though I shouldn't spoil you, my favorite thing in the world is when you nap on my shoulder while I read or watch TV. I know that won't last forever, so I am cherishing every cuddle moment I can get. 
Our daily routine is my favorite thing. I am going to miss you more than I can express when I have to go back to work. Here's what we usually do:

7:30ish-wake up, sing our good morning song, change your diaper and nurse. Then we talk, play and sing and do tummy time until you start yawning.

9:00ish-you go down for your first nap (which is usually pretty short...45ish minutes)

11:00ish-you nurse again and we play for a while before going down for another short nap. Mama tries to eat, clean, do laundry or even shower during this time depending on your mood. Sometimes you are fine chilling out in your bouncer, but a lot of times you like to be held while I do chores with one hand.

1:30ish-nurse again and play and then we go for a walk/jog for an hour or so (Mama has to get back into shape) and you usually sleep during the last part of our walk

5:00ish-nurse again and then we play and wait for Daddy to get home. You are always so happy to see Daddy when he gets home! Daddy usually gets you down for a short nap in the evening, but sometimes you are a little grumpy (which is normal for a baby your age at this time of day) so we just hang out.

8:00ish-Bath time!! This is your favorite because you know the routine: bath, bottle, swaddle. You love the bath and we play and sing our bath time songs. Daddy gets to feed you a bottle and then put you to bed. Lately, you have gotten too smart for us and you don't want to take the bottle. I think you know that nursing would be much more enjoyable, but we are still working on that one.
    In honor of your two month birthday, I made a video. I can't wait for you to see it one day! We love you very much!

    Love,
    Mama

    1 comments:

    The Houses

    This was a great post! Very sweet - Quinn will love it when she grows up and learns to read. :) How did y'all make that video?? It's amazing!