Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter 2014 and Marshmallow Jesus


We had such a fun Easter! It was so special to be able to talk to Q about the true meaning of Easter. I know it's still a little confusing, but she'll get there.


Friday, Q didn't have school so we were able to play and hang out with my brother and sister-in-law at my mom's house. Before heading over there, that morning I decided to do an Easter craft just for fun! Auntie Em and her boyfriend Taylor were there too and my step dad and mom had the day off. Poor Jeremy was the only one who really worked. :) That night we went to dinner and then all hung out at our house playing Taboo and laughing hysterically!








Saturday, we got up and went to the Easter Eggstravaganza at church. Poor Quinn still wasn't feeling 100% so she wasn't really into the egg hunt (or drop as we should really call it). Poor baby got another fever so we headed out to eat lunch and let her nap.







The guys went to play golf and my dad came in town to play with them. We spent the rest of Saturday relaxing and enjoying family time while Mom and Dennis slaved in the kitchen making an Easter dinner complete with ham, mac and cheese, beans, salad and chocolate chip cookies (I seriously lost count of how many I ate). While we were hanging out that afternoon, I painted Q's toenails for the first time (a SUPER light pink color that you can hardly see) and she felt so special.


My mom gave Q her Easter present early so she was in heaven. A Cinderella Barbie complete with glass slippers. I. Hate. Those. Shoes. Q must have taken them off and put them on no fewer than 1,000 times in an hour. AND, she would lose one every other time. My mom kept saying over and over again "I think we need to glue her shoes on" and I might agree at this point! It was just so funny to see her try one on partially and say it was like Drizella.


Sunday morning was so fun. The Easter Bunny brought Q a Barbie and some other useful things like a loofah, bubbles, Cinderella shirt, chocolate and a squirt gun. Again...I hate Barbie crap already. I mean really, why do they need so many tiny accessories.




Marshmallow Jesus
I'd read about resurrection rolls somewhere and decided to try them with Q. Basically you pretend a marshmallow is Jesus and a crescent roll is his tomb. You "prepare" Jesus' body by dipping Him in butter and then cinnamon and sugar. Sounds odd, but it was an interesting way to explain how people used to use spices to prepare bodies for burial. Then, you close marshmallow Jesus in the crescent roll tomb. The oven acts as the three days in the tomb and then, voila! Jesus isn't in the tomb anymore! He's alive! Q was so excited and she told everyone who came in the kitchen that morning that Jesus wasn't there any more. :)




We all went to church and had an awesome time of worship and celebration. I bawled my eyes out during one of the songs because it was the song we played at my Margaret's funeral (a video of my cousin Aron and me singing "I've Just Seen Jesus"). I love our church and our pastor had an awesome message of hope and grace.







Lunch/brunch was at a restaurant with a playground because that's where we go these days. It's win-win...Q gets to play and I can bribe her to eat. Mom of the year.





I hope everyone else had a wonderful Easter celebrating the risen Savior!

0 comments: