Thursday, June 20, 2013

Mother's/Father's Day 2013

I couldn't get my act together to blog about Mother's day back in May so I decided to combine the two parental holidays into one post.

Untitled

Mother's Day
We had a great weekend! Uncle J and Aunt Abby came into town and while the guys played golf on Saturday, the girls hung out on the patio while Q played and got really dirty. Then we went to my mom's to eat lunch and play while we waited for the guys to go eat dinner.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

My dad came in town too so we all went to Z Tejas for dinner. We love having a Z Tejas in Cedar Park now! Quinn was being such a ham and it was such a beautiful evening that we sat on the patio so she could run around.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Sunday, I woke up at around 7a.m. which was amazing. That's sleeping late for me. Q and Jeremy had gone to get some doughnuts and they came to greet me in bed with sweet kisses, a flower and sweet card. She also picked out a gift from the Target $1 bin...a big pink floppy hat! I told Jeremy not to get me anything since I wanted to buy something for the house as my gift. I guess that's what you do when you are grownups...buy necessities as gifts to yourselves. "Babe, I want a new water heater for Christmas."

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

We got dressed and met up with the family at church. After that we headed over to mom's for a yummy lunch and plenty of quality time to play more with Uncle J and Aunt Abby before they left.

Untitled

Untitled

It was a great 2nd Mother's Day and I loved having my Mom in town this year. I've always felt guilty when I couldn't be with her for Mother's Day and now that she's here, it'll be a lot easier!

Untitled

Father's Day
Jeremy started the weekend Friday evening with a dude's movie night to see the new Superman. Quinn and I ate dinner with Mom and Dennis and Pawpaw and Sherrie came in town too! The whole way over to the house, Quinn was saying "PawpawSherrie" and then when we got there, she would hardly look at them. She's been taking a while to warm up to people lately.

Saturday, we went to get breakfast at Kerbey Lane and then headed to Home Depot to get some flowers for me to plant in the front yard. Jeremy had Quinn duty (i.e. he literally just chased her all over the store) while I looked around.

We hung out at home that afternoon and then went over to Mom's to drop off Quinn so Jeremy and I could have a date night to celebrate Jordan's 30th b-day. It was fun being out with our couple friends like our days pre-Quinn...we miss our couple friends! I guess that's another part of becoming a grown-up...less time with friends, more time with family. Luckily, we like most of our family. wink, wink ;)

Untitled

Sunday, we got up and Quinn gave Jeremy his gift. Well, sort of. Earlier that week we bought him a burr coffee grinder since that's what he wanted. (Another grown-up gift.) We are kind of obsessed with it now since we are sort of coffee snobs and LOVE our coffee. The burr grinder doesn't spin to break up the beans, which burns them, but it crushes them. It may be in our heads, but our coffee is so much smoother and just amazing!

Anyway, Sunday morning Quinn gave her Daddy the other gift I got which was a book about a kid and her daddy. That's a new tradition I started last year and I hope to continue forever...especially since Q loves books so much.

We went to church and then met up with my Dad, Mom, Dennis, Pawpaw, Sherrie and Emily to have brunch at Maudie's. Then, Jeremy and Dad went to play golf while Q and I had some quality time at home.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

We all met up again at Mom's house where we got to see the end of the U.S. Open and have burgers and hot dogs for dinner. Quinn warmed up to Pawpaw and Sherrie a little more and since last weekend she hasn't stopped talking about them. I kept telling her she needed to be nice to them and give them hugs and kisses so now she says "PawpawSherrie, nice. Hug." Sweet girl...in theory she wants to be nice. It just doesn't work out that way in person.

Untitled

Untitled

Oh, on a side note, poor Jeremy got stung by a wasp playing golf. I think he probably would have been happier on the couch napping to golf, so maybe next year, we'll plan on that.

1 comments:

The Houses

Happy Mother's and Father's Days, Sylestines! Let's Skype again soon (I'm so sad I was sleeping the last time - David told me that Q was saying our names)! :)