Thursday, May 22, 2014

Strawberries and Quality Time


When I reflect on how hard it is to be a work-at-home mom, God always seems to bring things into perspective with days like this one. This is why I quit my full-time job...so I could have these experiences with Quinn! I know I'm blessed to be able to do that, and I'm so thankful every day!

A couple of months ago, I asked my mom to take a day off work to go pick strawberries with us in Marble Falls. She happily took the time off and we had an awesome time!

We headed out to Marble Falls to Sweet Berry Farm (same place we went for the pumpkin patch in the fall). I had never seen strawberries on a vine so it was such a beautiful site to see rows and rows of bright green and red. It was also a slap-in-the-face reminder of my horrible brown thumb (or whatever the opposite of green thumb is). 


Quinn picked a few strawberries and then quickly preceded to eat them. I let her have a couple and then told her we had to pay for them first. Since she'd lost interest in picking, she just played in the dirt while my mom and I picked the brightest, biggest strawberries we could find.






After we picked, we let Q do the "bouncy thang", as she calls it, and then we said hi to the goats (who desperately wished they could have our strawberries). We tried to get Q to ride the train, but she wasn't having it. She wanted to just watch and wave. 








It was a gorgeous day, but it was getting warm so we headed out to get some lunch in downtown Marble Falls. My friend, Allison, recommended a great place since her hubby works out there and we loved it! If you are ever in the area, check out Noon Spoon. It's a cute little lunch spot w/ awesome fresh food and terrible parking (they admit it on their sign). Q was awesome at lunch, and she was so proud of herself for making a cross with her toothpicks.


We drove home after that and somehow managed to keep Quinn awake so she napped when we got home. Woohoo!

Since we had a plethora (love that word) of strawberries, I took to Pinterest to find recipes. After passing by some healthy smoothies and whatnot, I decided to make strawberry donuts and they are my favorite thing I've ever made. OMG. So much deliciousness in one little ring. Here it is if you want to try it. They are baked so they are totally healthy, right?





1 comments:

The Houses

I have become obsessed with making my own donuts since I got a donut pan for Xmas. We'll have to exchange some Pinterest recipes when I get back! :) These look delicious (and kind of nutrious).