Friday, October 25, 2013

Baylor Homecoming 2013

IMG_6729

We had so much fun at homecoming this year! Jeremy took Friday off and we got to meet my good friend Julie and her hubby Ryan in Waco for lunch. I was so excited to see Julie since she's preggo and I hadn't seen her in forever. I love reconnecting with old college friends at homecoming and she's a special one!

IMG_3160

IMG_3161

Fam Photo

That afternoon we went to see the bears on campus, hit up the bookstore for a BU shirt for Quinn and then we went to the hotel to let her nap.

IMG_6636

IMG_6638

IMG_3163

IMG_6641

IMG_6642

IMG_6643

Side note about the hotel: it sucked. We waited too long to book a room and it's about the only place we could find. It's a Days Inn outside Waco in Robinson. Don't stay there...it was so gross. I might be a little bit of a hotel snob, but they could have at least put a mattress pad on the mattress. The flat sheet they laid on top of the mattress didn't do the job since our feet were touching the mattress at the foot of the bed. EW! I curled up my legs just so they wouldn't touch. Sorry...tangent. But seriously, don't stay there!

Anyway, Friday evening we had an early dinner at Ninfa's and then we headed to Singspiration. This is one of my favorite homecoming traditions since I was in BRH and directed it for a couple of years. It's an awesome, intergenerational worship service geared toward BRH members old and new. I always love getting up to sing w/ the alumni at the end and Quinn did pretty well. She made it until about 8:15 and then Jeremy took her to the hotel. We were totally "those people" because any time the choir would sing, Quinn would say "choir sing". Oh, did I mention she has no inside voice. She pretty much yell-talks. So there was that.

IMG_6646

IMG_6648

IMG_6649

IMG_6652

After Singspiration, my mom, Emily, Dennis and I headed to the bonfire (a pep rally). I can't wait for Quinn to see this one day. They also had fireworks and of course she'd love the marching band.

IMG_6659

IMG_6660

IMG_6665

My mom, Emily and I had tickets for the 10:30pm (yeah, we are crazy) Pigskin. I LOVE this show! It's a song and dance review put on by the frats and sororities. Before heading over there, we hit up Common Grounds for a pick-me-up. I have so many college memories there so it made me happy!

IMG_6663


Pigskin lasted FOR-E-VER! I got back to the hotel at about 1:30, but it was worth it to see the fun acts.

We had planned to go to the parade Saturday morning, but a cold front was blowing in and it was 48 degrees and windy. Plus, I didn't sleep well (if at all) the night before due to an alarm going off at the McDonalds next door to our hotel. Oh, and the nasty mattress/sheet situation. SOOO, we went to get breakfast at Cafe Cappucino instead! This is my favorite breakfast spot in Waco and they recently opened a new one in Hewitt (Waco suburb) so we didn't have to fight the homecoming crowd. I love little suburbia secrets like that.

IMG_3164

That afternoon, we hit up the Cameron Park Zoo and I totally recommend it! We had a blast!! Highlights include: the talking macaws, the giraffe, the little boy seeing an alligator and FREAKING out running to his mom and some screaming monkeys.

IMG_3166


IMG_3167

IMG_6669

IMG_6675

IMG_3170

IMG_6678

IMG_6681

IMG_6683

IMG_3215

IMG_6684

IMG_6685

IMG_6687

IMG_6688

IMG_6697

IMG_6699

IMG_6701

IMG_6702

Quinn had a meltdown when we were leaving the zoo so the next three photos are AMAZING! They make me laugh. They sum up our life when she's tired or hungry or both. Or just hangry.

IMG_6705

IMG_6706

IMG_6707

Later that evening we go to see another special college friend, Anne! I miss that girl and I'm so glad we get to see each other pretty much every year at homecoming. Life gets so busy, but I can always count on that visit.

Saturday evening was full of football fun! Quinn LOVED the football game and kept pointing out the marching band. She danced and clapped and had an awesome time. Plus, the Bears won! Sic 'Em!

IMG_6713

IMG_6714

IMG_6715

IMG_6716

IMG_6717

IMG_6719

At halftime we decided to head back to the hotel. On the way there, I said "Let's just go home." Jeremy happily agreed and we were home in our cozy Tempurpedic by 10:30 that night. Words cannot describe how happy I was to not be in that nasty hotel. Plus, we woke up Sunday and had a lazy family day. We went to Rudy's in our PJs for breakfast...best day ever!

IMG_6723
Random bears in the lobby of the hotel...classy, right?

IMG_6726
We're outta here!

IMG_6730

IMG_3224

IMG_3226

IMG_3227

IMG_3229

Happy Homecoming once again! Love being a Baylor Bear and I hope Q gets to have the same experiences one day.

0 comments: