Friday, March 29, 2013

A Sunday Outing to the Capitol

First, a grammar/spelling lesson.

Capital = city
Capitol = building

Okay, moving on.

A couple of Sundays ago, we decided to take part in the SXSW events by heading downtown to Freddy's Place where they were having a Moms I'd Like To Know (M.I.L.K.) event for families called Moms Rock. All the artists singing that day were moms and it was fun! The Watsons joined us and despite the chilly weather, we had a great time catching up. When you have kids, you cherish any friend time you can get.

Untitled

After we left Freddy's, Jeremy had a great idea to stop by the capitol to let Quinn run around on the big, wide open lawn. She was in heaven! She loved feeling so independent and the weather was perfect. She wasn't so fond of the huge statue of a cowboy riding a horse, but she eventually warmed up and let me hold her close to it.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I sadly have never been inside the capitol. I'm a born and bred Texan and I guess I just never thought to go. You would think a school trip might have taken me there, but it didn't. So, after telling Jeremy that, he insisted we go inside.

It wasn't too crowded and we didn't really walk around much. We mostly stayed in the rotunda area so Quinn could look up and then walk around looking at all the cool things on the floor. It made me laugh that she couldn't look up and walk at the same time. Let's be honest, I can't either.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I love impromptu outings with my little family.

Oh, and God Bless Texas!

0 comments: