Saturday, December 22, 2012

Thrifty Mom - A Craigslist Christmas

I became that thrifty mom who buys used gifts for Christmas. I figure it's okay for now since Q has no idea and she'll love her gifts regardless (or just the box...let's be honest).

Jeremy and I set aside a certain amount of money for Quinn's Christmas gift and I knew I wanted to get a plastic climber/slide as part of it. I looked around and found that they aren't cheap. The one I wanted was over $300 and I just couldn't justify a purchase like that. She'll only use it for a couple of years and we have an awesome park right down the street.

So, I took to Craigslist and found the jewel of all Craigslist posts! A climber/slide PLUS a precious little schoolhouse for only $150! The family who had it only used it a year and then they wanted to get rid of it because they were re-doing their back yard. Score! Yes, please.

We set it up and Craigslist Christmas is a success! Of course, Ella loves it too!

Quinn's House and Slide

Quinn's House and Slide

Quinn's House and Slide

Quinn's House and Slide

Quinn's House and Slide

Quinn's House and Slide

Quinn's House and Slide

Quinn's House and Slide

Quinn's House and Slide

Quinn's House and Slide

0 comments: